Seriously? ...I mean, seriously?

Every day on my walk from where I park to where I work I see countless women. It's a little over a 5 minute walk, and I see all shapes, all sizes, all ages. Corporate America -- everyone from high ranking executives all the way down to people that might work in the mail room. Being a people watcher at heart, I take notice of people's clothes, what they're doing, who they're talking to, etc...but, to be honest, mostly people's clothes. It was on my walk today that I saw not one...not two...but FIVE instances of a cardinal rule of women's fashion being broken. Yes, I counted.

I guess I don't know why it's so hard for women to understand. It is somewhat blatantly obvious , and everyone that I know that follows said "rule" would never dream of breaking it. The rule, you ask? Wearing a white bra with a white shirt. Do not wear white undergarments with white clothing on top of it!!!


The woman's outfit was simple enough: floral skirt, summery white sandals (I didn't look to see if another rule of fashion was being broken -- that of wearing open toed shoes and nylons/hosiery, but I'm pretty sure it's safe to say she was committing that sin, too) and then on top? ON TOP? A white blouse that was not only sheer, it was eyelet! And yes...oh, yes...she was wearing it with a WHITE BRA! Ladies, ladies, ladies!!! If you wear white undergarments (because, yes...this also goes with white undies and white pants...especially unlined white pants... ::shudder::) it's pretty much like putting a spotlight on your undergarmented area. A spotlight, people! Do you really want that? I think not.

This is not to say that I am at the pinnacle of the fashion world; I'm not. But I'm also pretty sure that Gisele Bündchen couldn't pull off the white on white look. There's a reason they make nude bras and undies....and that reason is that I don't want to see your Playtex 18 Hour Bra in all of its glory (or lack thereof) at 8:30 A.M. Or any time, really.

1 comments:

  1. Sure am glad I never broke that rule! Some people(women) have never heard that rule. White on white, makes sense to them. Same color, won't show. I've told everyone that I know about it, now if they would tell someone, etc, etc, that is one rule that would never get broken again. Not sure the men would like it though!